Comicon has successfully completed a R&D project for a model and prototype of gateway for wireless and cable communication networks for industrial and building automation, funded by the Bulgarian National Innovation Fund. The following was carried out within the project:
- Study of the communication quality and performance between Modbus TCP networks, wireless networks ZigBee 2.4GHz with mesh structure and EnOcean networks in case of bidirectional exchange of data by sensors and data flows with end devices with interfaces for serial communication
- Based on the study a model and prototype of Gateway for connection between ZigBee and EnOcean wireless networks and Modbus TCP/RTU cable communication network was developed. The design of the new product meets the requirements for application in the field of the industrial and building automation.
With the execution of the project the Comicon team has also achieved the following goals:
- A great deal of knowledge and experience has been acquired on the quality and performance of the communication exchange between Modbus TCP networks and ZigBee 2.4GHz wireless networks with mesh structure and EnOcean at two-way exchange of data by sensors and data flows with end devices with serial communication interfaces
- A model and prototype of gateway for wireless and cable communication networks for industrial and building automation has been developed
- Enhancement of the know-how capacity and competitiveness of Comicon by using the results obtained during the execution of the project.