For the foundries.
The system provides:
- Temperature measurement of molten metal up to 1800°C by portable wireless modules.
- LED display visualisation of the measuring parameters.
- Automatic data collection and logging to database. Flexible and user-friendly reports.
- Measuring modules – compact, light and comfortable for use.
- Easy thermocouple replacement.
- Eliminates possible registration of incorrect and uncompleted measurements.
1. Wireless portable measuring module ZPM12-S
- Temperature measurement of molten metal – steel, cast-iron, copper, brass,
bronze, alumin, etc.
- Measurement of temperatures up to 1800°C by replaceable thermocouples of type S, R or K, contact type.
- Pick and/or plateau detection technique.
- Technical features:
- Robust metal housing suitable for foundry conditions.
- Buttons for measuring position selection.
- LED display: 2-digit for measuring position indicator and 4-digit for temperature indicator.
- LED indication for:
- disconnected thermocouple;
- readiness for measurement;
- process of measurement;
- completing measurement;
- radio signal strength;
- communication with a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC).
- Battery supply and automatic power off (sleep mode).
- Non-volatile memory for configuration parameters and storage of the latest
- Based on IEEE 802.15.4 radio communication to PLC up to 200 metres.
- IP 54 Protection.
- Designed with state-of-the-art generation electronic components.
- Self diagnostics.
- Easy calibration.
- Maximal measuring error up to +/-2°C.
- Up to 20 measuring modules can be connected.
2. Multifuctional communication unit MFCU
It consists of programmable logic controller MBCU-09 (Comicon) with 4 serial communication interfaces, power supply and serial server for connection to LAN. The PLC program provides the processing of the measurements and communication with the measuring modules, LED displays and the server software. Power supply ~230, 50 Hz. Protection IP54.
3. LED displays MLP-44A
The digital displays can be mounted on different places in the foundry suitable for observation.
- High brightness.
- Up to 20 displays can be connected.
Each display visualises the following information:
- The number of the measuring position.
- The number of the measuring module.
- The latest measured temperature.
- PLC – server (PC) communication.
- Communication with the measuring device.
- RS485 Interface.
- Modbus RTU Protocol.
- High brightness red indicators.
- 4 digits, 100 mm digit height.
- IP 54 Protection.
- Working temperature from -20°C to +60°C.
4. Radio communication
For the radio communication COMICON radio modem ZSERIAL is used. It provides wireless industrial communication with the measuring devices, based on IEEE 802.15.4 standard, license-free frequency 2,4 GHz. The radio connection is highly reliable and stable against industrial radio disturbances.
The modem communicates with the PLC by Modbus RTU protocol, RS485 interface.
IP 65 Protection. Working temperature from -20°C to +60°C.
5. SCADA visualisation and alarms
The system use Windows based software applications SCADA and REPORTS and license-free MS SQL Compatible with MS Access.
- Visualisation of the latest measurement parameters:
– measurement number;
– measuring module number;
– measuring position;
– measurement time stamp;
- Logging data of each completed measurement to MS SQL data table.
- System parameters and controller clock adjustment.
- Indication about the PLC – server (PC) communication status.
- Alarm visualisation and review.
- Manual adding of additional information for each record in the database.
- Generating of different reports from the database.
- Export to MS EXCEL.
For more information: Comicon_WSTMMM_ENG_v2A.pdf