Modbus compatible - instead of the communication cables
ZMIO supports Modbus RTU slave protocol and provides wireless communication with any master device - PLC, HMI panel, SCADA, OPC or other. ZMIO transmits the state of its inputs and receives state for its outputs from the remote master device.
ZMIO provides reliable wireless transfer of standard analog, discrete and serial signals, guaranteed by the applied transmission protocol under Modbus RTU, IEEE 802.15.4 standard, modulation QPSK and DSSS spread spectrum.
- Up to 12 digital or 6 analogue I/O can be transferred by one device without expander.
- Flexible choice of I/O - main board with 6 slots for 1-channel and 2-channel I/O modules.
- Up to 31 expanders can be connected to 1 ZMIO device.
- The I/O capacity and modularity of the expanders are the same as of ZMIO - the same main board and I/O modules.
- Compatibility with Modbus RTU supporting devices. No need for additional converters between the Slave devices and ZMIO. The Master device is connected by ZSerial radiomodem.
- Range - from ten meters up to kilometres, depends on the applied antenna.
- Frequency - ISM 2.4 GHz (option 868 MHz), free from licensing.
- RF Data rate–250 000 bps (2.4 GHz).
- IP65 protection against moisture and dust.
- Wide temperature range: –200C ÷ +550C.
- Power supply: 220VAC or 24VDC.
- Built-in lightning protection.
- Indication about the radio signal strength.
- Compatible with most of the PLCs, SCADA and HMI available on the market.
- Provides flexible and low-cost expansion of existing systems, using conventional and/or wireless communication.
- Get over rivers, roads, railways and other obstacles without any construction works.
- Replaces expensive communication cables by radiocommunication connection, free from licensing.
- Easy and fast installation.
- Reliable work inside and outside.
- Low cost for connection of remote installations.
- Low maintenance cost, high level of unification of the modules.